Raleigh, NC (December 9, 2013) – The Board of Directors of the Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF) is pleased to announce the award of scholarships to one masters and three doctoral students. A Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers Master’s Scholarship was given to Jie Pan, Yale University. The Stearns/SCS scholarship is named in honor of the late Robert P. Stearns, former chairman of the EREF board and a co-founder of SCS Engineers. A Fiessinger Doctoral Scholarship was given to Ella Kim, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The Fiessinger scholarship is named in honor of Francois Fiessinger, P.E., Ph.D., an engineering graduate of Rutgers University, was a founding director of EREF. Doctoral candidate Xunchang Fei, Universty of Michigan received an EREF scholarship. The very first Waste Industries Scholarship Honoring Lonnie C. Poole, Jr. was awarded to doctoral candidate Megan Jaunich, North Carolina State University.
25 years anniversary annual annual auction auction charity development education environment event fundraiser golf grants healthcare industry events intern las vegas auction material recovery facility networking newsletters non-profit organics management press release recycling regional summit research safety scholarships solid waste student summit sustainability waste wasteexpo waste industry waste management waste management symposium website
Most Recent Posts
- Environmental Research & Education Foundation Celebrates 25 Years of Sustainable Solid Waste Research and Education
- Improving Worker Safety: Understanding Needlesticks at Material Recovery Facilities
- 25 Years of the EREF Annual Charitable Auction
- How Much of Our Waste is Actually Recyclable?
- EREF Named Top-Tier Charity through GuideStar and Charity Navigator