Invest in the Future of the Waste Industry!
Each year, a new group of young minds enters the workforce with fresh ideas, unique insights and a desire to learn. Your participation in the EREF Internship in Excellence Program not only provides students with real world experience that they can take with them after graduation; it cultivates an interest in the industry.
The EREF Internship in Excellence Program is a merit-based program that provides summer internships to undergraduates pursuing their bachelor’s degree at U.S. or Canadian colleges/universities, which encourages them to seek full-time positions in the solid waste field upon graduation. Successful applicants will work full-time over the summer at your company. In addition to gaining valuable industry experience, those awarded internships through EREF will also be eligible to receive a scholarship upon successful completion of the program.
What is a Corporate Partner
Corporate partners (industry, consultants and municipalities) agree to provide a dedicated internship position, over the summer, that is filled from a pool of applicants provided by EREF.
Key Benefits of Participation
- EREF handles promotion, marketing and initial recruiting efforts
- Applicants are pre-screened to ensure they meet both the qualifications of the program and the needs of the corporate partners
- Video interviews are conducted for all applicants that will be placed in the applicant pool
- Corporate partners will receive a portfolio of students in the applicant pool that contains basic information, resume and a link to the video interviews
- EREF conducts tracking/follow-up/feedback activities of recipients upon completion of their internships
- Corporate partners maintain full flexibility in determining who they will hire from the applicant pool, setting pay rates and attributes of the position(s)
- Students who successfully complete their internship and fulfill all of the program requirements will be eligible to receive a cash scholarship from EREF
- Company Name
- Main Contact (who will we send the information to)
- Position Title(s)
- Desired Major(s)
- Position Location(s)
- Number of Internships to be Offered
- If you are interested in offering an internship position through EREF’s Internship in Excellence Program, we will request some specifics about the position. EREF will solicit for applicants over a ten-week period.
- Applications will be reviewed by EREF staff and, upon endorsement, the shortlisted applicants will be forwarded to you. You will receive a profile sheet, resume, cover letter and link to the applicant’s online interview. It will be up to the corporate partner to communicate with the applicant and offer a position.
- Throughout the internship, EREF will communicate with the intern for communication purposes to track their progress.
The Environmental Research & Education Foundation is a non-advocating, non-profit organization striving to advance the solid waste industry through research and education. Formed in 1994, EREF remains one of the leading sources of solid waste research to inform policy makers, facility owners, consultants, manufacturers and other industry participants regarding sustainable waste management practices.
For more information on EREF, click here.