Work in the Waste Industry!
Summer 2018 Internships Available in Environmental Sustainability,
Engineering, Business Management and Communications
The EREF Internship in Excellence Program offers full-time undergraduate students pursuing a bachelor degree a unique, hands-on opportunity to experience the world of solid waste management.
Interns will work full-time over the summer at companies focused on solid waste management, where they will learn to talk trash, understand day-to-day business operations and contribute to the industry. Companies are looking for talented candidates representing a wide range of majors. Upon successful completion of the program and other requirements, interns will be eligible to receive a cash scholarship.
Gain Industry Experience and More!
- Paid position
- Receive valuable industry experience
- Corporate Partners include some of the largest, most prestigious companies in solid waste management
- Opportunities for networking
- Internships are located all across the country
- Resume building
- Learn about the waste industry
- Potential for cash scholarship upon completion of program and other requirements
Qualifications to Participate in the Program
- Must be enrolled full-time at a U.S. or Canadian college/university working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) in your major
- Must be a junior or senior within your major at the time of submitting your application AND have at least one full semester of coursework remaining after completing the internship
We're Looking for Students in These Majors:
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental/Civil/Construction/Biological/Agricultural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business Management/Administration
- Or other closely related field
Applicants are considered for multiple positions with our Corporate Partners, companies focused on various aspects of waste management including: sustainable management of waste materials, recycling, waste equipment design and manufacturing and engineering. Qualified candidates receiving summer employment who complete the entire program and other requirements (e.g. online courses) will be eligible for a cash scholarship.
EREF staff will review all applications before forwarding them to our Corporate Partners to ensure students are matched with companies at which their interests and skills will be fully utilized.
Applicants will be notified that positions have been filled by the end of April.
Choose the application "EREF Internship in Excellence Program 2017."
The Environmental Research & Education Foundation is a non-advocating, non-profit organization striving to advance the solid waste industry through research and education. Formed in 1994, EREF remains one of the leading sources of solid waste research to inform policy makers, facility owners, consultants, manufacturers and other industry participants regarding sustainable waste management practices.
For more information on EREF, click here.