Raleigh, NC (September 12, 2014) – The Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) is pleased to announce that Carl Apicella, President of American Environmental Group, a Tetra Tech Company, has funded an endowed scholarship for the EREF scholarship program. The EREF scholarship program awards and recognizes excellence in master’s, doctoral or post-doctoral solid waste management research and education. Existing EREF masters and doctoral awards are also made in memory of Francois Fiessinger, P.E., Ph.D., a graduate of Rutgers University, a founding director of the foundation, and additional scholarships were made possible by the late Robert P. Stearns, P.E., DEE of SCS Engineers, former Chairman of EREF and Robert J. Riethmiller of PTR Baler and Compactor Company. Last year EREF established the Waste Industries Scholarship Honoring Lonnie C. Poole, Jr., an EREF founder and Director Emeritus.
annual annual auction auction charity development education event fundraiser golf grants healthcare industry events intern las vegas auction material recovery facility networking newsletters non-profit organics management press release recycling regional summit safety scholarships solid waste student summit sustainability waste wasteexpo waste industry waste management waste management symposium website
Most Recent Posts
- 25 Years of the EREF Annual Charitable Auction
- How Much of Our Waste is Actually Recyclable?
- EREF Named Top-Tier Charity through GuideStar and Charity Navigator
- EREF Partners with the Ontario Waste Management Association to Introduce Silent Auction at the Canadian Waste & Recycling Expo
- Environmental Research & Education Foundation Issues Targeted Request for Pre-proposals Focused on Recycling