The Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF), one of the largest sources of funding for solid waste research in the U.S., has unveiled a targeted request for sustainable solid waste research proposals. In late 2010, EREF Board of Directors made a decision to ensure research funded in the future reflected EREF’s long-term strategic research plan to address all areas of integrated solid waste management, with a strong focus towards research that increased sustainable solid waste management practices. Sustainability, as it relates to solid waste management, is a focus on utilizing waste as a resource. “While EREF has always supported research and educational initiatives in all areas of solid waste, this targeted RFP exemplifies EREF’s commitment to funding cutting edge research on next-generation technologies to manage discarded materials,” noted Jim Dowland, Waste Management’s Vice President of Disposal Operations and chair of the EREF Board’s Research Project Committee.
annual annual auction auction charity development education event fundraiser golf grants healthcare industry events intern las vegas auction material recovery facility networking newsletters non-profit organics management press release recycling regional summit safety scholarships solid waste student summit sustainability waste wasteexpo waste industry waste management waste management symposium website
Most Recent Posts
- 25 Years of the EREF Annual Charitable Auction
- How Much of Our Waste is Actually Recyclable?
- EREF Named Top-Tier Charity through GuideStar and Charity Navigator
- EREF Partners with the Ontario Waste Management Association to Introduce Silent Auction at the Canadian Waste & Recycling Expo
- Environmental Research & Education Foundation Issues Targeted Request for Pre-proposals Focused on Recycling