Raleigh, NC (October 21, 2016) – The Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) and the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) that outlines the intent to conduct various collaborative efforts, including: data aggregation and similar applied research efforts of mutual interest, joint fundraising activities to fund research efforts, increased collaboration regarding industry education and enhancing the awareness of both organizations. The MOU will enable EREF and SWANA’s Applied Research Foundation (ARF) to support and complement each other’s efforts, with ARF focusing on applied research and its application to today’s solid waste management issues and EREF’s focus on more basic research conducted by some of the nation’s top universities.
annual annual auction auction charity development education event fundraiser golf grants healthcare industry events intern las vegas auction material recovery facility networking newsletters non-profit organics management press release recycling regional summit safety scholarships solid waste student summit sustainability waste wasteexpo waste industry waste management waste management symposium website
Most Recent Posts
- 25 Years of the EREF Annual Charitable Auction
- How Much of Our Waste is Actually Recyclable?
- EREF Named Top-Tier Charity through GuideStar and Charity Navigator
- EREF Partners with the Ontario Waste Management Association to Introduce Silent Auction at the Canadian Waste & Recycling Expo
- Environmental Research & Education Foundation Issues Targeted Request for Pre-proposals Focused on Recycling