This is a basic course on the fundamentals of landfill gas (LFG) and the design and operations of LFG collection and control systems. The course will provide a broad overview of LFG topics with emphasis and specific insights on concepts and examples that have been found to be particularly important.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the basics of LFG generation, composition and reasons to collect and control LFG.
- Define gas collection and control system (GCCS) components and design considerations for each.
- Advocate for the importance of construction quality assurance and documentation.
- Describe procedures for normal operations, routine maintenance and repairs, including troubleshooting unexpected problems for LFG wellfield components and blower/flares systems.
- Define the types of recordkeeping and reporting required for compliance with New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), greenhouse gas (GHG) rules and Carbon Credit projects.