This course presents recent innovative LFG energy projects in the U.S. and beyond. In addition, the course illustrates how projects and companies in the U.S. can play an important role in encouraging international projects.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Discuss EPA perspectives in relation to Landfill Gas
- Apply decision support tools for MSW planning and management
- Discuss the current policy drivers for new LFG energy projects in the U.S.
- Determine appropriate tools and resources for international landfills
- Describe the components of landfill gas modeling
- Define decay rates for waste components
- Discuss the landfill carbon footprints