This course focuses on developing financially viable landfill gas (LFG) projects at small or closed landfills (<2 million tons), including successful case studies. Additionally, the course outlines a two-tier strategy to develop a successful project. This discussion will present various options for creating a successful project including equipment selection and methods of revenue generation.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Discuss landfill owner benefits of implementing LFG production and the challenges to financial viability
- Apply the steps required to determine viability of a LFG project
- Define the mechanics of the LFG system
- Discuss LFG successes and challenges of the Black Creek Renewable Energy site and the Sampson County Disposal site
- Demonstrate the steps required in LFG permitting and contract negotiations
- Describe emerging & limited use LFG technologies
- Demonstrate successful design and installation considerations
There are no reviews yet.