This course provides a detailed discussion on the development of the Evaluation of Post-Closure Care (EPCC) methodology, used to demonstrate how and when operation, care, and/or monitoring within each module can be optimized or terminated.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Determine the potential alternatives for defining PCC duration
- Define sustainable landfill management practices
- Discuss the factors that affect the functional stability of a landfill
- Determine the critical data requirements needed for the implementation of the EPCC methodology
- Recognize indicators of functional stability
- Apply a five-step evaluation process for determining PCC including the requirements for EPCC