EREF’s Education Program provides courses directly relevant to the solid waste industry in 8 technical Focus Areas.
Browse each Focus Area and take a course that’s right for you!
Have questions or need help, contact education (at) erefdn.org.
Courses are hosted through a third party platform which requires a login separate from your EREF website login. After receiving the link to your course, please create a username and password for the third party site.
General Solid Waste
- Solid Waste 101 (Coming Soon!)
- Solid Waste 102 (Coming Soon!)
- Bioreactor Landfills & Leachate Recirculation 101
- Bioreactor Landfills & Leachate Recirculation 201
- Decomposition in Landfills: Impacts on Gas & Leachate
- Introduction to Stormwater Permitting
- Landfill 101 – Part 1: Regulations, Permitting and Siting
- Landfill 101 – Part 2: Conceptual Design
- Landfill Covers 101: Conventional Final Covers
- Landfill Economics 101
- Landfill Gas 101
- Landfill Gas Flow through Solid Waste
- Landfill Gas to Energy
- Landfill Gas to Energy: Case Studies
- Leachate 101
- Leachate 201
- Leachate 301: Treatment Technologies
- MSW Performance-Based Evaluation of Post-Closure
- Sulfate Conversion to Hydrogen Sulfide in Landfills
Waste to Energy
- Aluminum Waste Disposal Field Issues
- Aluminum Waste: Model Practices and Research
- Aluminum Waste: Ongoing Research & Case Studies
- Coal Ash Management: Regulatory Update and Geotechnical/Groundwater Considerations for Ash Pond Closures
- Coal Ash Management and Regulations
- Modeling Hydrogen Sulfide Generation from C & D Fines
- Wastes from Oil & Gas Fields in Shale Formations