Focus on Leachate Treatment & Management
EREF is proud to partner with Waste360 to deliver a brand new, one day event focused on landfill leachate at WasteExpo 2017. The EREF Summit will bring together practicing engineers, academics, industry professionals, government personnel, and policy makers for in-depth discussions on topics related to landfill leachate treatment and management.
What can you expect from an EREF Summit?
- EREF Summits are focused on a single topic, which allows a ‘deep dive’ into issues central to that topic. The EREF Summit at WasteExpo’s focus in 2017 is leachate management, which represents one of the biggest challenges and operating costs for landfill owners today.
- The Summit provides an intimate setting for networking as well as representation from all facets of the industry – landfill owners, consultants, equipment providers, municipalities, governmental agencies.
- Sit in on talks that inform, not sell. Summit meetings are entirely focused on science/data driven discussions from cutting edge research institutions and top technical experts in the industry.
- All attendees will receive certificates of attendance for professional development purposes. EREF is approved in all 50 states as a continuing education provider for licensed Professional Engineers.
What does your EREF Summit registration include?
- 1 ticket to the WasteExpo Welcome Reception (Monday, May 8, 6:30-9:30pm at Generations Hall)
- 3 days of the WasteExpo exhibit hall
- 2 days of the Waste360 Healthcare Waste Conference Tabletop exhibits
Monday, May 8, 2017
8:30 am to 10:00 am
EREF Welcome and State of Leachate Management and Treatment in the U.S.
Bryan Staley and Stephanie Bolyard – Environmental Research & Education Foundation
Leachate Treatment and Management: An Industry Perspective
Michael Darnell – Republic Services
Kurt Shaner – Waste Connections
10:00 am to 10:30 am
10:30 am to 11:00 am
Leachate Treatment in an Era of Enhanced Discharge Limits
Patrick Stanford – Rochem Americas, Inc.
11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Panel on Leachate Technologies:
Moderator: Steve Menoff – Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Overview of On-Site Treatment Processes
Stephanie Bolyard – Environmental Research & Education Foundation
Integrated Forward Osmosis – Microbial Desalination Cell Technique for Enhanced Treatment
Syeed Iskander – Virginia Tech
High Ammonia Leachate Treatment: A Focus on Membrane and Evaporative Systems
Benjamin Sparrow – Saltworks
Membrane Blinding – A Case Study on How to Regain (and Maintain) Sight
Arie Kremen – Cornerstone Environmental Group, LLC.
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Leachate Management: Responding to the Unexpected
Brian Brazil – Waste Management
Challenges and Solutions for Leachate Disposal for a Large Landfill Site in South Carolina
Bob Johnston – CB&I
Emerging Contaminants and Landfill Leachate: Trends and Technologies Regarding Perfluorinated Compounds
Scott Grieco – O’Brien & Gere
3:00 pm to 3:30 pm
3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Simultaneous Recovery of Nutrients and Treatment of Landfill Leachate Using Innovative Technologies
Ramesh Goel – University of Utah
Characterization of UV Quenching Substances in Leachates from Elevated Temperature Landfills
Renzun Zhao – Lamar University
Impacts of Elevated Temperature Landfill Liquids on Biological Treatment Processes
Kevin Torrens – Brown and Caldwell
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Click here for a list of sponsorship opportunities. For more information or to secure your sponsorship, please contact Waste360’s Renie Mayfield at Renie.mayfield (at) penton.com.