This 2015 report summarizes the use of anaerobic digestion (AD) to manage MSW organics in the United States, and includes analysis of EREF’s comprehensive nationwide facility survey.
Includes detailed discussion of:
- Digester microbiology and process characteristics
- Current technologies and reactor designs
- Number and types of AD facilities managing MSW (2013)
- Biogas production, management, and energy generation
- State, local and corporate organics management policies
Also includes lists of:
- AD technology vendors in the U.S.
- Over 60 commercial reactor designs with key attributes
- All stand-alone and co-digestion projects identified
- Policies relevant to the adoption of AD to manage MSW
Download a copy of the Executive Summary HERE