This report summarizes the use of anaerobic digestion (AD) to manage MSW organics in the United States, and includes analysis of EREF’s comprehensive nationwide facility survey.
Includes detailed discussion of:
- Digester microbiology and process characteristics
- Current technologies and reactor designs
- Number and types of AD facilities managing MSW
- Tonnage, capacity, and growth through 2017
- Biogas production, management, and energy generation
- State, local and corporate organics management policies
Also includes lists of:
- AD technology vendors in the U.S.
- Over 60 commercial reactor designs with key attributes
- All stand-alone and co-digestion projects identified
- Policies relevant to the adoption of AD to manage MSW
Download a copy of the Executive Summary HERE