Interested applicants should complete the online application. Upon receipt of the completed application, the foundation’s scholarship committee will review the applications and, following their recommendation, scholarships are awarded by the Board of Directors.
2017 Scholarship application deadline:
May 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm (eastern)
All applications must be completed by this deadline. Any incomplete applications as of the deadline will not be considered. Notifications regarding award status will be sent mid to late August.
Scholarship awards will begin in September 2017. As a result, students graduating in December 2017 are ineligible to apply.
Click here to access the application.
All submissions must be in English and must be made online. Hard copies and e-mailed materials will not be accepted. You will be asked for the following information/materials:
- Contact Information
- Career Interests
- College Information
- Tuition and Living Expenses, as well as Other Sources of Funding
- GRE Scores (if available)
- College Academic Honors and Extracurricular Activities
- College Transcripts (they do not need to be official) in PDF format
- Resume (if you have professional working experience) in PDF format
- Autobiographical Statement (less than 500 words) that includes your career goals and any talents/interests
- Research Statement - discussion of your research topic (less than 750 words) that includes project objectives and the work’s relevance to the advancement of solid waste management
- Recommendations - the names and contact information of 3 individuals who can comment on your academic or career performance and your potential for future success. These individuals will be required to submit a recommendation letter by the application deadline. Recommendation letter requests will be sent through the online application and additional instructions will be provided to that individual.
All qualified men and women will be considered for EREF Scholarships without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, or disability. Applications from students outside the United States or studying abroad will receive equal consideration. Award decisions by the Environmental Research and Education Foundation and its Directors are final and not subject to appeal.
Questions? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.861.6876.
Have you heard of Scholar Snapp? Scholar Snapp simplifies the scholarship application process by allowing you to automatically "snap" your basic information into scholarship applications by syncing data from the Scholar Snapp website. Applying for scholarships just got faster and easier! Learn more at ScholarSnapp.org
Already have a Scholar Snapp profile? Great!
Update this application from Scholar Snapp
Update Scholar Snapp from this application
Don't have a Scholar Snapp profile? No worries!
Create one and reuse this application