Interested applicants should complete the online application. Upon receipt of the completed application, the foundation’s scholarship committee will review the applications and, following their recommendation, scholarships are awarded by the Board of Directors.
2020 Scholarship application deadline:
April 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm (eastern)
All applications must be completed by this deadline. Any incomplete applications as of the deadline will not be considered. Notifications regarding award status will be sent mid to late August.
Important Note: Your advisor/reference will NOT receive instructions explaining how to submit a recommendation letter until you submit your application.
Scholarship awards will begin in September 2020. As a result, students graduating in December 2020 are ineligible to apply.
Click here to access the application.
All submissions must be in English and must be made online. Hard copies and e-mailed materials will not be accepted. You will be asked for the following information/materials:
- Contact Information
- Career Interests
- College Information
- Tuition and Living Expenses, as well as Other Sources of Funding
- GRE Scores (if available)
- College Academic Honors and Extracurricular Activities
- College Transcripts (they do not need to be official) in PDF format
- Resume (if you have professional working experience) in PDF format
- Autobiographical Statement (less than 500 words) that includes your career goals and any talents/interests
- Research Statement – discussion of your research topic (less than 750 words) that includes project objectives and the work’s relevance to the advancement of solid waste management
- Recommendations – the contact information of 3 individuals who can comment on your academic or career performance and your potential for future success. These individuals will be required to submit a recommendation letter by the application deadline. Recommendation letter requests will be sent through the online application once you have submitted your application. Therefore it is recommended to NOT wait until April 3rd to submit you application. This email will include additional instructions for that individual.
All qualified men and women will be considered for EREF Scholarships without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, or disability. Applications from students outside the United States or studying abroad will receive equal consideration. Award decisions by the Environmental Research and Education Foundation and its Directors are final and not subject to appeal.
Questions? Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 919.861.6876.