January 30 – February 3, 2016
Indian Wells Resort
Palm Springs, CA
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The fifth Global Waste Management Symposium (GWMS) will serve as a forum for the presentation of applied and fundamental research, case studies, and policy analysis on solid waste and materials management. We invite the community of researchers, engineers, designers, academicians, students, facility owners and operators, regulators, and policymakers to participate. The GWMS will be held in a setting where all participants can share ideas and will include oral and poster presentations as well as social events to provide opportunities for technical interaction and discussion.
We invite abstracts in all areas related to solid waste engineering and management, including, but not limited to:
- Waste minimization and reuse
- Waste management planning
- Landfill operation and design
- Organics diversion/Composting/Anaerobic Digestion
- Elevated Landfill Temperatures
- Global climate change and greenhouse gas emissions
- Life cycle analysis/Sustainability
- Thermal conversion technologies
- Waste containment and geosynthetics
- Odor emissions and management
- Leachate treatment and management
- Landfill gas production, collection, emissions, modeling, treatment
- Waste collection, transport, equipment and safety
- Waste Characterization
- Management of industrial and special wastes of broad interest (e.g., oil/gas wastes, coal ash)
Abstract Submission Guidelines and Instructions
Click here to download an abstract template. This template must be used. The abstract should provide sufficient detail to show that the submission contains significant results of a case study, applied or fundamental research, or policy/regulatory/economic analysis. The inclusion of tables or figures that summarize selected results is encouraged. Abstract length is limited to two pages of single spaced text, tables, and figures. Abstracts describing plans for future work or that sell a product or service will not be accepted. Click here for an example of an acceptable abstract. Final decisions regarding presentations will be made by the symposium technical committee. Authors of accepted abstracts must submit an extended abstract (4-8 pages long) for the symposium proceedings.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically to Cristina Virsida, Continuing Education Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is June 8, 2015.
June 8, 2015: Abstracts due (maximum length two pages)
August 3, 2015: Notification to authors
September 25, 2015: Extended abstracts (4-8 pages long) due for technical committee review
October 16, 2015: Comments back to authors, as necessary
November 20, 2015: Submission of final abstracts ready for publication
Conference Co-Chairs: Bryan Staley, Environmental Research and Education Foundation, and Morton Barlaz, North Carolina State University
Note: All presenters (poster and oral) are required to register for the symposium and submit a final abstract.